Would you like to bring along your friend, partner or sibling/other family member?
For those guests attending a Retreat at Hotel Leone with non-participating partners, siblings or other family members, or friends coming along too, there is plenty for them to see and do whilst you’re taking part.
If you’d like to bring along someone who isn’t participating in one of the creative courses with you, we can guarantee that they won’t be bored or feel left out.
Relax by the pool and enjoy the local amenities
Of course, for non-participating partners, there’s always the option to relax with a book at the pool or on the terrace or take a stroll around Montelparo, have a coffee at the local bar and generally enjoy the slow pace of authentic Italian life in a small village.
Explore interesting and beautiful locations
If you’re on a retreat where you go out on a field trip then other members of your party are very welcome to go along with the group and explore these interesting and beautiful locations too.
What else is there for non-participating partners to do?
- Circular self-guided walks from the hotel front door of around 7km which take between 2-3 hours to complete
- Rent a bicycle or e-bike to explore the area. The lanes and roads around Montelparo can be very challenging for the inexperienced so an e-bike maybe a better option. There’s also the option to take a guided tour of the area
- Learn Italian: Take some Italian classes with a local teacher who will help you improve your pronunciation and practice Italian conversation. She will either come to the hotel or meet you in a local bar. From beginners upwards.
- Play a game of tennis. The Comune of Montelparo has an an astro-turf tennis court just a short walk from the hotel.
- Go shopping: take in the local shops and farmer’s market, or visit the Il Castagno Brand Village factory outlet at nearby Casette d’Ete, where you’ll find well-known high-end designer fashion brands. Check out our guide to Outlet Shopping in Le Marche.
Door-to-Door Guided Tours, led by local experts and guides
- Truffle Hunting: Enjoy a morning of truffle hunting with the hunter and his dogs, followed by a demonstration of pasta making that follows the local traditions. Plus the chance to taste some of the local produce made from the truffles.
- Cooking / Pasta Making Class: Learn how to make pasta from scratch, how to prepare Ascolana Olives (a local speciality) and how to prepare a delicious accompanying sauce all your friends will envy! And, later on, you will enjoy the fruits of your labour at dinner.
- Olive Oil Tasting: Take a guided tour of a Le Marche oil mill, which starts with a description of the process, history and tradition of olive oil making, followed by a tasting session where you can sample the mill’s artisan products.
- Wine Tasting: take a tour of the winery and enjoy a tasting session at a local wine producer.
- Craft Beer Tasting: Enjoy a guided tour of the local craft beer workshop, where you’ll learn about the history of the beers and the brewing process. All followed by tasting of the different beers, of course.
- A Guided Walk in the Sibillini Mountains: Explore the majestic Sibillini National Park and its surrounding areas with a local guide, who will tailor walks to your ability level and pace.