En Plein Air Painting and Drawing With Oksana Zhelisko
17th – 24th May 2024
All Mediums are Welcome
Who, as an artist, has never dreamed of a painting holiday in Italy?! Painting, drawing and sight-seeing in a relaxed atmosphere with a group of like-minded people who see life through colours is an amazing experience you will remember for a lifetime to come.
Join Oksana on this Italian art journey that focuses on En Plein Air painting and drawing as well as studio time to finish up the studies and work from the reference pictures when the weather will not cooperate.
Artists of all skill levels are invited on this exuberant journey to create and unwind in the beautiful vistas of Italian countryside, as Oksana will will be giving everyone personal attention every step of the way.
Oksana will be doing short demonstrations on site throughout the day in oils, gouache and sketching.
- To enrich and hone your observational skills, to understand colour and learn how to mix what you see
- Understand why and how to use colour temperature and saturation to capture the light
- To build the efficiency of your brush work and mark makings
- How to build a strong composition (ways to guide the viewer’s gaze through the story of the painting and how to rearrange nature to make a better painting)
- How to become more confident in your painting and drawing and unleash your potential as an artist
- Powerful tricks to comprehend and simplify perspective
Included in the price is:
- all tuition fees
- 7 nights accommodation in luxury air-conditioned, en-suite rooms with: – see our rooms here
- luxury bedding
- high quality, 100% natural, Italian toiletries: shampoo, shower gel, body lotion and hand gel
- daily servicing of the rooms
- mid-week linen and towel change
- 100% cotton waffle robes
- All meals including breakfast, buffet lunch and a choice of up to 4 courses from our daily changing gourmet evening menu
- A ‘pizza-giro’ evening at a local trattoria within a few minutes walk of the hotel
- Delicious local wine with lunch and evening meal
- Private group transfers to and from either Ancona airport or Pedaso (station or bus stop)
- 5 days painting tuition including demonstrations and one-to-one advice and guidance
- 3 days’ excursions to specially selected stunning locations
- Private transfers to and from painting locations
- Guided orientation walking tour of the medieval hill-top town of Montelparo on day of arrival
- 1 free day (lunch not included) with the option to take an excursion to the beautiful town of Ascoli Piceno, a Renaissance town full of history as well as fabulous boutique shops, charming cafes and one of Italy’s most beautiful piazzas
- Unlimited use of air-conditioned studio
- full-time staff on site including concierge service
Prices start from €1999 per person based on two people sharing a room. To find out more about the different room types, pricing, how to get here and more useful information fill out the form at the bottom of the page.
Classically trained in Eastern Europe, award winning artist Oksana Zhelisko began her art career in L’viv, Ukraine.
Oksana brings her training, skill and passion to her painting and she is versatile in expressive styles. She is adept at many genres, including portraiture, still life, landscape and urban landscape.
Oksana works regularly on commission and teaches art classes to aspiring oil/acrylic painters across Canada.
To find out more about Oksana: