Join us on a week-long Uma Kelkar Painting Holiday in Central Italy
6th – 13th September 2024
27th September – 4th October 2024
Juicy watercolours 2024 is a comprehensive and intimate workshop led by fine artist Uma Kelkar that strengthens the technical foundations of watercolourists interested in pursuing wet-in-wet style of painting.
Uma Kelkar will emphasize painting landscapes and cityscapes in an impressionistic style.
Perfect for intermediate artists. Resilient beginners are welcome. Uma will demonstrate all basic skills that she will ask students to engage in.
This is the workshop which opens the gateway to a masterclass and commensurate study.
Included in the price is:
- All tuition fees
- 7 nights accommodation in air-conditioned, en-suite rooms in a luxurious palazzo with commanding views across the rolling hills of the Le Marche countryside to the coast – see our rooms here
- All meals including breakfast, buffet lunch and a choice of up to 4 courses from our daily changing gourmet evening menu
- A ‘pizza-giro’ evening at a local trattoria within a few minutes walk of the hotel
- Delicious local wine with lunch and evening meal
- Private group transfers to and from either Ancona airport or Pedaso (station or bus stop)
- 5 days painting tuition including demonstrations and one-to-one advice and guidance
- 3 days’ excursions to specially selected stunning locations
- Private transfers to and from painting locations
- Guided orientation walking tour of the medieval hill-top town of Montelparo on day of arrival
- 1 free day (lunch not included) with the option to take an excursion to the beautiful town of Ascoli Piceno, a Renaissance town full of history as well as fabulous boutique shops, charming cafes and one of Italy’s most beautiful piazzas
- Unlimited use of air-conditioned studio
- Easels, boards and portable stools and chairs
Prices start from €2599 per person based on two people sharing a room. To find out more about the different room types, pricing, how to get here and more fill out the form at the bottom of the page.
Bring a Partner or Friend
If you’d like to bring along a non-participating partner to this Uma Kelkar painting holiday, they too can experience our hospitality enjoying all the meals and excursions. If you’re wondering what else there is for them to do then find out just some of the options here.
About Uma Kelkar
Uma Kelkar, NWS, CWA, CSPWC is an award-winning plein air artist – engineer with talents in other media including watercolour, ink, charcoal and Procreate. Her use of colour harmony and composition gives her work its unique energy. Uma is a strong believer in cross pollination – she believes that being an engineer makes her a better artist and being an artist makes her a better engineer. Kelkar teaches and exhibits internationally and is also a solo contributing author to half a dozen art books. She serves on the Executive Board of Urbansketcher.