Art in Le Marche with Christopher Cole
12th – 19th July 2024
Christopher’s course will focus on sketching and painting from direct observation.
Using pencil, pen, watercolours and/or acrylics you will be guided to achieve authentic interpretations of local views, buildings and people on location.
By demonstrating how to select your subject, then how to compose and colour your painting, Christopher will inspire confidence using both traditional and contemporary techniques.
Included in the price is:
- 7 nights accommodation in air-conditioned, en-suite rooms in a luxurious palazzo with commanding views across the rolling hills of the Le Marche countryside to the coast – see our rooms here
- All meals including breakfast, buffet lunch and a choice of up to 4 courses from our daily changing gourmet evening menu
- A ‘pizza-giro’ evening at a local trattoria within a few minutes walk of the hotel
- Delicious local wine with lunch and evening meal
- Private group transfers to and from either Ancona airport or Pedaso (station or bus stop)
- 5 days painting tuition including demonstrations and one-to-one advice and guidance
- 3 days’ excursions to specially selected stunning locations
- Private transfers to and from painting locations
- Guided orientation walking tour of the medieval hill-top town of Montelparo on day of arrival
- 1 free day (lunch not included) with the option to take an excursion to the beautiful town of Ascoli Piceno, a Renaissance town full of history as well as fabulous boutique shops, charming cafes and one of Italy’s most beautiful piazzas
- Unlimited use of air-conditioned studio
- Easels, boards and portable stools and chairs
Prices start from €1899 per person based on two people sharing a room. To find out more about the different room types, pricing, how to get here and more fill out the form at the bottom of the page.
Christopher’s tuition fee is £375 per person and will be invoiced separately by him
Bring a Partner or Friend
If you’d like to bring along a non-participating partner they too can experience our hospitality enjoying all the meals and excursions. If you’re wondering what else there is for them to do then find out just some of the options here.
Christopher Cole is a highly successful artist with over 40 years of professional experience. His Classical training included a thorough grounding in the techniques of the Flemish & Italian artists of the Renaissance. He exhibits regularly and has an international following with paintings in collections in England, throughout Europe as well as in Australia, the USA, South Africa & Japan.
Christopher works in acrylic, oil, pastel, ink & watercolour and specialises in drawing and painting from direct observation, bringing both traditional techniques and contemporary style to his acutely analysed interpretations.