With Tracy Verdugo
6th – 13th June 2025
Working in acrylics, acrylic inks and a few mixed media elements like oils pastels, charcoal, pencil, collage
During our week together in Le Marche we’ll take inspiration from our beautiful surroundings, hone our own unique creative voice and learn ways to tell the stories that come from our personal experience.
During our workshop Tracy will share with you an array of techniques, but more than that, invite you into the beauty of your own way of seeing the world, help you find ways to loosen up and embrace limitless possibilities in your art making through mixed media, word, acrylic ink and paint, collage and bold and playful mark making.
Together you’ll move through any stuck places and find freedom, looseness and a new way forward through creative exploration, taking a look at both multi-layers and more simplified approaches to art making.
Included in the price is:
- all tuition fees
- 7 nights accommodation in luxury air-conditioned, en-suite rooms with: – see our rooms here
- luxury bedding
- high quality, 100% natural, Italian toiletries: shampoo, shower gel, body lotion and hand gel
- daily servicing of the rooms
- mid-week linen and towel change
- 100% cotton waffle robes
- All meals including breakfast, buffet lunch and a choice of up to 4 courses from our daily changing gourmet evening menu
- A ‘pizza-giro’ evening at a local trattoria within a few minutes walk of the hotel
- Delicious local wine with lunch and evening meal
- Private group transfers to and from either Ancona airport or Pedaso (station or bus stop)
- 3 days painting tuition including demonstrations and one-to-one advice and guidance
- Full day on location at the coastal town of Pedaso on the Riviera del Palma. Pedaso is a small seaside town with both pebble and sandy beaches and enjoy lunch in a restaurant on the beachside
- Full day excursion to the beautiful town of Ascoli Piceno including a privately guided walking tour of this beautiful Renaissance town full of history as well as fabulous boutique shops, charming cafes and one of Italy’s most beautiful piazzas (lunch not included)
- “Taste of Le Marche” full day excursion visiting three local, family run, artisanal food & wine producers with a tour and tasting at each
- Unlimited use of air-conditioned studio
- full-time staff on site including concierge service
Prices start from €3099 per person based on two people sharing a room. To find out more about the different room types, pricing, how to get here and more useful information fill out the form at the bottom of the page.
Bring along Partner or Friend
If you’d like to bring along a non-participating partner they too can experience our hospitality enjoying all the meals and excursions. If you’re wondering what else there is for them to do then find out just some of the options here.
Tracy is an inspiration instigator, gentle guide, prolific painter, author, smitten traveller and soaker up of all that is beauty-full. She teaches her creative workshops all over this amazing planet and also online, always with the overriding intention to remind her students of the wonder that already resides within them.
When she is not hanging out with her family in their “made with love” adobe home in a small village on the shores of Jervis Bay, Australia, or throwing paint around in her little purple studio in their backyard, you might find her painting beside thermal pools on an Italian island with an eager group of students, or sitting in a circle on St Pete Beach, Florida, listening intently as women share their stories of creative yearning.
Her acrylic/mixed media paintings are vibrant and filled with joy, inspired both by global travels and the simple beauty of the focused moment. Since 2000 Tracy has held 18 successful solo exhibitions and her works are held in collections both in Australia and internationally.
She has been a featured artist in many publications such as “Spirituality and Health” and “Happinez” and is the best-selling author of the book Paint Mojo!
Elizabeth Gilbert, author of Eat Pray Love, has this to say about her workshops experience with Tracy:
“For years I’ve longed to take a painting workshop from Tracy Verdugo. Tracy is a beautiful and generous soul and a wonderful artist, who has a special gift for teaching visual art to people who don’t consider themselves visual artists…I’ve admired her devotion to teaching for YEARS.
Tracy you are a gift. Thank you for this day. I’m going to sleep with my fingernails caked in paint, ad my imagination full of color.”
The universal theme of connection underlies all of my work; connection to each other and the ways in which we express our humanity; connection with the natural world and the beauty that surrounds us; connection with the divine and a sense of something greater at work in our lives.
My paintings are often created intuitively and I am often surprised at the finished piece. I am inspired by our travels in Mexico and other places in the world, and the colours, exuberance of Spirit and magical experiences wanderlust has brought to our lives.
I love texture, pattern and vibrant color and often incorporate mixed media elements into my work.
I’m fascinated by the human narrative and as I evolve as an artist I seek to bring more storytelling to my work.
I like to believe that we are all part of an intricate and breathtaking tapestry. Our only choice each moment is whether to be a part of the creating or a part of the unravelling.
You can find more about Tracy, her art and classes at her website at https://tracyverdugo.com