Join us from 10th – 17th May 2024 on week long painting holiday with David Shkolny in the heart of Italy
Suitable for all abilities and all mediums
Participants will enjoy a week of exploring beautiful street scenes of Montelparo, and surrounding countryside, painting in the sun drenched mornings colourful vistas and centuries old architecture.
David will demonstrate and give short lectures, followed by one-on-one assistance as you plan out your masterpiece.
Later, bring your work back to the studio where you can add the final touches (or work from photo references), learn and enjoy each other’s company, before setting out again for a short trip to capture the golden hour.
Suitable for the novice or seasoned painter, David has experience in teaching all mediums and will gently guide you on your dream painting holiday.
Included with tuition are two online group tutorials with demonstrations of techniques that will be used in Montelparo.
Included in the price is:
- All tuition fees
- 7 nights accommodation in air-conditioned, en-suite rooms in a luxurious palazzo with commanding views across the rolling hills of the Le Marche countryside to the coast – see our rooms here
- All meals including breakfast, buffet lunch and a choice of up to 4 courses from our daily changing gourmet evening menu
- A ‘pizza-giro’ evening at a local trattoria within a few minutes walk of the hotel
- Delicious local wine with lunch and evening meal
- Private group transfers to and from either Ancona airport or Pedaso (station or bus stop)
- 5 days painting tuition including demonstrations and one-to-one advice and guidance
- 3 days’ excursions to specially selected stunning locations
- Private transfers to and from painting locations
- Guided orientation walking tour of the medieval hill-top town of Montelparo on day of arrival
- 1 free day (lunch not included) with the option to take an excursion to the beautiful town of Ascoli Piceno, a Renaissance town full of history as well as fabulous boutique shops, charming cafes and one of Italy’s most beautiful piazzas
- Unlimited use of air-conditioned studio
- Easels, boards and portable stools and chairs
Prices start from €1999 per person based on two people sharing a room. To find out more about the different room types, pricing, how to get here and more useful information fill out the form below.
Bring a Partner or Friend
If you’d like to bring along a non-participating partner they too can experience our hospitality enjoying all the meals and excursions. If you’re wondering what else there is for them to do then find out just some of the options here.
About David Shkolny
The tutor, David Shkolny, is a professional artist with twenty years’ of experience teaching drawing and painting. David has a specialisation in soft pastel, but will also demonstrate watercolour painting techniques. No matter what level of ability you have, he will offer sound advice to bring out your confidence, while allowing you to work at your own pace.