Waterbased Painting Holiday in Italy: Acrylics, Gouache & Watercolour
14th – 21st June 2024
Anthony Barrow Course Details
This course with Anthony Barrow is aimed at artists who have had some experience with the medium. Painting en plein air around the town of Montelparo, the surrounding countryside and with exclusive use of the studio Anthony will be delivering demonstrations, tips on techniques and one to one tuition throughout the duration of the course.
This June 2024 painting holiday will be our return trip to Hotel Leone after our debut in June 2023. Our group, my wife Lynn and myself absolutely fell in love with the part of Italy, the vistas from the hotel are breathtaking and Madeline’s organised painting excursions to Smerillo, Ascolio Piceno, Montifiore and Altoona with lunches served at local restaurants at each location gave the group an insight into the architecture, beautiful countryside and meeting the lovely local people of Le Marche.
The food at the hotel is amazing, breakfast in the courtyard, lunch and evening meals all prepared by and delivered by the chef Tim and the excellent staff a the hotel with copious amounts of wine, making for lots of laughter as the evening wore on.
Included in the price is:
- All tuition fees
- 7 nights accommodation in air-conditioned, en-suite rooms in a luxurious palazzo with commanding views across the rolling hills of the Le Marche countryside to the coast – see our rooms here
- All meals including breakfast, buffet lunch and a choice of up to 4 courses from our daily changing gourmet evening menu
- A ‘pizza-giro’ evening at a local trattoria within a few minutes walk of the hotel
- Delicious local wine with lunch and evening meal
- Private group transfers to and from either Ancona airport or Pedaso (station or bus stop)
- 5 days painting tuition including demonstrations and one-to-one advice and guidance
- 3 days’ excursions to specially selected stunning locations
- Private transfers to and from painting locations
- Guided orientation walking tour of the medieval hill-top town of Montelparo on day of arrival
- 1 free day (lunch not included) with the option to take an excursion to the beautiful town of Ascoli Piceno, a Renaissance town full of history as well as fabulous boutique shops, charming cafes and one of Italy’s most beautiful piazzas
- Unlimited use of air-conditioned studio
- Easels, boards and portable stools and chairs
Prices start from €2199 per person based on two people sharing a room. To find out more about the different room types, pricing, how to get here and more fill out the form at the bottom of the page or to check availability email email@example.com
Bring a Partner or Friend
If you’d like to bring along a non-participating partner they too can experience our hospitality enjoying all the meals and excursions. If you’re wondering what else there is for them to do then find out just some of the options here.
About Anthony Barrow
Anthony Barrow is a professional artist and lecturer and a Member of the Institute for Learning. He has been painting for over 30 years, is a member of NAPA, the National Acrylic Painters Association and holds a BA (Hons) Fine Art and Certificate in Education and Learning.
Anthony is predominantly a figurative painter with a prolific output that often overflows into the disciplines of landscape, still life and abstract painting. Chiefly commissioned based his vast experience and natural talent for capturing the underlying character of the sitter has led to numerous portrait commissions.
Anthony likes to experiment with the painting medium but in recent years he has been delivering watercolour classes at home and across Europe painting in a loose technique using a limited colour palette in the classroom and en plein air.
Find out more about Anthony Barrow here: https://anthonybarrow.co.uk/