Join us from 3rd – 10th June 2023 on a week-long painting holiday with Carole Massey
Suitable for all abilities. Drawing, Pen & Wash, Watercolours or a medium of your choice
Each day has a structure but you’re also free to choose to work as much or as little as you like. The holiday is aimed at all abilities and is designed to benefit and inspire everyone. Some may prefer to fill a sketchbook, taking in the essence of each site with a series of pen & wash studies whereas others may aim to do a complete painting. Drawing media and watercolours are the most portable materials but you may choose to work in your own preferred medium.
Our first “warm up” day, getting to know one another and into the swing of painting outdoors, is based at Hotel Leone or in Montelparo. Each day we will be working either in the town of Montelparo or in a neighbouring location no more than 20 mins’ drive, returning to the hotel mid-afternoon, allowing time for a short demo, more one to one tuition, painting in the studio or simply some well-earned relaxation by the pool. Lunch will be an on-location gourmet picnic, or in a local trattoria. Carole will be with you throughout each day offering both group and individual tuition.
We generally return to the hotel mid-afternoon, where you can choose to carry on painting, take a well-earned siesta or relax by the pool. Before supper each evening, we’ll review the day’s work over a glass of wine and discuss the following day’s itinerary.
You will receive a list of suggested materials on booking, but are welcome to contact Carole regarding any aspects of the holiday. Carole’s fee for tuition will be invoiced separately from the cost of the holiday.
Included in the price is:
- All tuition fees
- 7 nights accommodation in air-conditioned, en-suite rooms in a luxurious palazzo with commanding views across the rolling hills of the Le Marche countryside to the coast – see our rooms here
- All meals including breakfast, buffet lunch and a choice of up to 4 courses from our daily changing gourmet evening menu
- A ‘pizza-giro’ evening at a local trattoria within a few minutes walk of the hotel
- Delicious local wine with lunch and evening meal
- Private group transfers to and from either Ancona airport or Pedaso (station or bus stop)
- 5 days painting tuition including demonstrations and one-to-one advice and guidance
- 3 days’ excursions to specially selected stunning locations
- Private transfers to and from painting locations
- Guided orientation walking tour of the medieval hill-top town of Montelparo on day of arrival
- 1 free day (lunch not included) with the option to take an excursion to the beautiful town of Ascoli Piceno, a Renaissance town full of history as well as fabulous boutique shops, charming cafes and one of Italy’s most beautiful piazzas
- Unlimited use of air-conditioned studio
- Easels, boards and portable stools and chairs
Prices start from €1,895 per person based on two people sharing a room. To find out more about the different room types, pricing, how to get here and more fill out the form at the bottom of the page or to check availability email email@example.com
Bring a Partner or Friend
If you’d like to bring along a non-participating partner they too can experience our hospitality enjoying all the meals and excursions. If you’re wondering what else there is for them to do then find out just some of the options here.
Carole has been a professional artist all her working life. She received a fine art training at St Albans School of Art, then Demontfort University (formerly Leicester School of Art) where she trained as a graphic designer, a career as a self employed artist she followed for over 25 years.
Carole is an extremely supportive and popular tutor, accomplished in painting both landscapes and portraits in watercolours, pastels and acrylics. She has tutored painting holidays in Morocco, Sardinia, Italy and France as well as many courses throughout East Anglia.
Carole has exhibited and demonstrated at the Mall Galleries, in East Anglia and in France. She was honoured with a portrait commission of Sir Charlie Bean, the retiring deputy governor of the Bank of England, where the portrait now hangs.
She has published six books, has appeared on national TV, has been a contributor to the Leisure Painter and Paint magazines as well as online painting websites.
She lives with her husband, Eric, in Suffolk.