8th – 15th July 2023
The focus of this workshop will be plein air painting. Elaine will paint along with the group in oil, but you are welcome to use watercolors or acrylics if you prefer. We will have at least 2 painting sessions per day with the option to paint more. Our focus will be on working quickly to capture the gesture of the landscape within each 2 to 3 hour period. We will cover planning the composition, capturing the figure in the landscape (or villagescape), dealing with the changing light and emphasizing color and contrast. All levels are welcome but a comfort level with your chosen media and some experience painting outside highly recommended. Experienced painters will love the opportunity to paint with logistical support and participation in regular group critiques.
Included in the price is:
- All tuition fees
- 7 nights accommodation in air-conditioned, en-suite rooms in a luxurious palazzo with commanding views across the rolling hills of the Le Marche countryside to the coast – see our rooms here
- All meals including breakfast, buffet lunch and a choice of up to 4 courses from our daily changing gourmet evening menu
- A ‘pizza-giro’ evening at a local trattoria within a few minutes walk of the hotel
- Delicious local wine with lunch and evening meal
- Private group transfers to and from either Ancona airport or Pedaso (station or bus stop)
- 5 days painting tuition including demonstrations and one-to-one advice and guidance
- 3 days’ excursions to specially selected stunning locations
- Private transfers to and from painting locations
- Guided orientation walking tour of the medieval hill-top town of Montelparo on day of arrival
- 1 free day (lunch not included) with the option to take an excursion to the beautiful town of Ascoli Piceno, a Renaissance town full of history as well as fabulous boutique shops, charming cafes and one of Italy’s most beautiful piazzas
- Unlimited use of air-conditioned studio
- Easels, boards and portable stools and chairs
- Turps, linseed oil and one roll of paper towels
Prices start from €2299 per person based on two people sharing a room. To find out more about the different room types, pricing, how to get here and more fill out the form at the bottom of the page or to check availability email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: if the arrival date is more than 12 months away you can book your place and choose your room without paying the deposit. The deposit will become due 12 months from the arrival date
Bring a Partner or Friend
If you’d like to bring along a non-participating partner they too can experience our hospitality enjoying all the meals and excursions. If you’re wondering what else there is for them to do then find out just some of the options here.
Elaine Lisle is a Philadelphia artist whose work emphasizes the immediacy of the moment. Her work often features architectural focal points, figures and reflections with vibrant color and contrast to emphasize the emotional context of the subject. Schooled at the University of Pennsylvania and the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts, with more than 30 years as a professional painter, Lisle has won regional and national awards, exhibited widely in the mid-atlantic, including New York City, and her richly painted oils are owned by numerous corporations as well as individual collectors around the globe. She is represented by Gross McCleaf Gallery in Philadelphia.
She has participated in numerous plein air competitions and has led several plein air workshops in the U.S. and abroad. Her work has been featured in Fine Art Connoisseur magazine (March/April 2019) as well as American Art Collector and International Artist.