Join our painting holiday with Eli Cedrone from 27th May – 3rd June 2023
All Levels Welcome: Sketching, oils, watercolor and acrylics
The workshop is designed to be a stimulating and stress-free, experience for beginners to advanced students. Everything has been carefully organised so all you need to do is paint and enjoy the wonderful experience of visiting Italy. Painting location are carefully chosen for scenic beauty and class size is limited for plenty of one on one instruction. You’ll develop the skills necessary to translate light into the language of paint.
- Composition, understanding and simplifying shapes
- Laying down a foundation quickly and confidently
- Creating and developing a focal point
- Color mixing to create atmospheric perspective
Welcome reception and informational meet and greet on day one. Each day begins with a lecture and demonstration on the fundamentals of painting. There will be plenty of painting time, personal instruction, and group critiques to promote your progress. We will end the week with a farewell dinner. A detailed itinerary will be furnished upon registration.
Included in the price is:
- All tuition fees
- 7 nights accommodation in air-conditioned, en-suite rooms in a luxurious palazzo with commanding views across the rolling hills of the Le Marche countryside to the coast – see our rooms here
- All meals including breakfast, buffet lunch and a choice of up to 4 courses from our daily changing gourmet evening menu
- A ‘pizza-giro’ evening at a local trattoria within a few minutes walk of the hotel
- Delicious local wine with lunch and evening meal
- Private group transfers to and from either Ancona airport or Pedaso (station or bus stop)
- 5 days painting tuition including demonstrations and one-to-one advice and guidance
- 3 days’ excursions to specially selected stunning locations
- Private transfers to and from painting locations
- Guided orientation walking tour of the medieval hill-top town of Montelparo on day of arrival
- One day “Taste of Le Marche” excursion visiting artisanal cheese, olive oil and wine producers with tours and tastings
- Unlimited use of air-conditioned studio
- Easels, boards and portable stools and chairs
Prices start from €2,299 per person based on two people sharing a room. To find out more about the different room types, pricing, how to get here and more fill out the form at the bottom of the page
Bring a Partner or Friend
If you’d like to bring along a non-participating partner they too can experience our hospitality enjoying all the meals and excursions. If you’re wondering what else there is for them to do then find out just some of the options here.
About Eli Cedrone
Eli Cedrone is an award-winning artist from Boston and Bermuda. A graduate of the School of Art & Design, (Suffolk University) she also studied in Florence, Italy; The Museum of Fine Arts School and The Academy of Realist Art, Boston. She is the recipient of several fellowships and has participated in juried invitationals in the US and abroad.
“I’ve always been influenced by the power of images to express ideas and emotions. Painting is a process of discovery and decision making where disparate elements pull together until the image is clearly expressed. Ultimately my concerns are with the expressive qualities of light captured with paint.
For more about the instructor visit http://elicedrone.faso.com