18TH – 25TH MAY
Outdoor painting with watercolours and pens and an introduction to incorporating Brusho to create vibrant and impressionistic paintings
WATERCOLOURS, PENS AND BRUSHO
Surrounded by outstanding beautiful views, staying in a luxurious hotel with fabulous food and discovering new ways to paint and draw gorgeous scenery are the ingredients for a most enjoyable , informative and relaxing holiday. Here is an idea of some of the things we will be doing, although we might change things according to your requirements and of course the weather!
– Selecting a composition
– Making quick tonal sketches with pens
– Colour mixing
– Perspective and buildings
– Trees, foliage and flowers
– Watercolour techniques
– Using Brusho
As well as enjoying “Plein Air” drawing and painting outdoors with pens and watercolours, we will also have a go at Brusho to create vibrant and exciting textures and impressionistic paintings.
We will have the use of a lovely studio next to the hotel with some art equipment including easels and drawing boards.
Included in the price is:
- All tuition fees
- 7 nights accommodation in air-conditioned, en-suite rooms in a luxurious palazzo with commanding views across the rolling hills of the Le Marche countryside to the coast – see our rooms here
- All meals including breakfast, buffet lunch and a choice of up to 4 courses from our daily changing gourmet evening menu
- A ‘pizza-giro’ evening at a local trattoria within a few minutes walk of the hotel
- Delicious local wine with lunch and evening meal
- Private group transfers to and from either Ancona airport or Pedaso (station or bus stop)
- 5 days painting tuition including demonstrations and one-to-one advice and guidance
- 3 days’ excursions to specially selected stunning locations
- Private transfers to and from painting locations
- Guided orientation walking tour of the medieval hill-top town of Montelparo on day of arrival
- 1 free day (lunch not included) with the option to take an excursion to the beautiful town of Ascoli Piceno, a Renaissance town full of history as well as fabulous boutique shops, charming cafes and one of Italy’s most beautiful piazzas
- Unlimited use of air-conditioned studio
- Easels, boards and portable stools and chairs
Prices start from €1599 per person based on two people sharing a room. To find out more about the different room types, pricing, how to get here and more fill out the form at the bottom of the page or to check availability email email@example.com
Note: if the arrival date is more than 12 months away you can book your place and choose your room without paying the deposit. The deposit will become due 12 months from the arrival date
Bring a Partner or Friend
If you’d like to bring along a non-participating partner they too can experience our hospitality enjoying all the meals and excursions. If you’re wondering what else there is for them to do then find out just some of the options here.
Fiona is a professional artist and tutor with many years’ teaching experience with adults. Educated in Scotland, she lived in several countries before moving to Southern England in 2009. She works in many mediums and her love of vibrant and harmonious colour is evident in her paintings. Outdoor painting is her passion, using watercolour sketches as well as photos to paint oils and acrylics in her studio. Her style is loose and impressionistic and she loves to create textures with a painting knife. She runs a weekly art class, exhibits regularly, demonstrates, and does workshops for local art groups near Salisbury, Wiltshire.
Her experience of meeting and mixing with different nationalities and cultures has been a major influence in her life and art.