James Tatum: The Landscape as Power and Emotion painting holiday in Central Italy
9th – 16th September 2023
Using the medium of your choice: oils, acrylics, watercolour and mixed media
James Tatum will demonstrate and show you how to collect the information you need to simplify the landscape with sketch book drawings, mixed media studies and finished work. You can work in the medium of your choice, watercolour, pastels, oils, acrylics and mixed media.
Included in the price is:
- All tuition fees
- 7 nights accommodation in air-conditioned, en-suite rooms in a luxurious palazzo with commanding views across the rolling hills of the Le Marche countryside to the coast – see our rooms here
- All meals including breakfast, buffet lunch and a choice of up to 4 courses from our daily changing gourmet evening menu
- A ‘pizza-giro’ evening at a local trattoria within a few minutes walk of the hotel
- Delicious local wine with lunch and evening meal
- Private group transfers to and from either Ancona airport or Pedaso (station or bus stop)
- 5 days painting tuition including demonstrations and one-to-one advice and guidance
- 3 days’ excursions to specially selected stunning locations
- Private transfers to and from painting locations
- Guided orientation walking tour of the medieval hill-top town of Montelparo on day of arrival
- 1 free day (lunch not included) with the option to take an excursion to the beautiful town of Ascoli Piceno, a Renaissance town full of history as well as fabulous boutique shops, charming cafes and one of Italy’s most beautiful piazzas
- Unlimited use of air-conditioned studio
- Easels, boards and portable stools and chairs
Prices start from €1799 per person based on two people sharing a room. To find out more about the different room types, pricing, how to get here and more fill out the form at the bottom of the page or to check availability email email@example.com
Note: if the arrival date is more than 12 months away you can book your place and choose your room without paying the deposit. The deposit will become due 12 months from the arrival date
Bring a Partner or Friend
If you’d like to bring along a non-participating partner they too can experience our hospitality enjoying all the meals and excursions. If you’re wondering what else there is for them to do then find out just some of the options here.
About James Tatum
The tutor, James Tatum, is a professional artist based in Exeter, Devon, U.K. He has many years of teaching experience and regularly conducts painting workshops in the U.K., Holland, France and Italy. In March 2014, he was elected Academician, The South West Academy (SWAc). In 2017, he was selected “Landscape Painter of the Year” by Devon Life.
He regularly exhibits with the South West Academy and is represented throughout the U.K. by several galleries from Kent to Cornwall as well as in the U.S.A., Holland and Switzerland. His paintings are in private collections the U.K., Holland, Italy, Switzerland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the U.S.A.
His unique approach to teaching begins with learning how to see the landscape as a painting before starting to paint. This method allows the student to make strong, exciting, expressionistic landscape paintings which are beyond mere facsimiles.
His workshops are suitable for all levels of experience and abilities and the focus on individual tuition. He says, “there is only one way to paint, that is your way!”
He will help you find your way and make it more interesting and powerful.
His work can be see at: www.jamestatumartist.com