24th June – 1st July 2023 – Art Retreat in Central Italy
Drawing, sketching with graphite, charcoal and ink. Colour pastels. Acrylic paint and watercolour
All levels of ability
Participants will enjoy a week of exploring beautiful street scenes of Montelparo, and surrounding countryside, painting in the sun drenched mornings colourful vistas and centuries old architecture.
Your instructor, Mark Page, will demonstrate and give short lectures, followed by one-on-one assistance as you plan out your masterpiece. Later, bring your work back to the studio where you can add the final touches (or work from photo references), learn and enjoy each other’s company, before setting out again for a short trip to capture the golden hour.
Suitable for the novice or seasoned painter, Mark Page has experience in teaching all mediums and will gently guide you on your dream painting holiday.
Included in the price of this painting holiday with Mark Page is:
- All tuition fees
- 7 nights accommodation in air-conditioned, en-suite rooms in a luxurious palazzo with commanding views across the rolling hills of the Le Marche countryside to the coast – see our rooms here
- All meals including breakfast, buffet lunch and a choice of up to 4 courses from our daily changing gourmet evening menu
- A ‘pizza-giro’ evening at a local trattoria within a few minutes walk of the hotel
- Delicious local wine with lunch and evening meal
- Private group transfers to and from either Ancona airport or Pedaso (station or bus stop)
- 5 days painting tuition including demonstrations and one-to-one advice and guidance
- 3 days’ excursions to specially selected stunning locations
- Private transfers to and from painting locations
- Guided orientation walking tour of the medieval hill-top town of Montelparo on day of arrival
- 1 free day (lunch not included) with the option to take an excursion to the beautiful town of Ascoli Piceno, a Renaissance town full of history as well as fabulous boutique shops, charming cafes and one of Italy’s most beautiful piazzas
- Unlimited use of air-conditioned studio
- Easels, boards and portable stools and chairs
Prices start from €1849 per person based on two people sharing a room. To find out more about the different room types, pricing, how to get here and more fill out the form at the bottom of the page or to check availability email email@example.com
Note: if the arrival date is more than 12 months away you can book your place and choose your room without paying the deposit. The deposit will become due 12 months from the arrival date
Bring a Partner or Friend
If you’d like to bring along a non-participating partner they too can experience our hospitality enjoying all the meals and excursions. If you’re wondering what else there is for them to do then find out just some of the options here.
About Mark Page
Mark Page has worked all his life in art and design. At the age of 20 he set up his own successful design studio which ran for 30 years before he diversified into interiors and other related projects.
For the last 6 years Mark has been a full time fine artist. He runs ‘Drink&draw’ and ‘Draw like a Pro’ classes in Bournemouth, Poole, Swanage and Wareham as well as private one to one tutoring. Mark has successfully run overseas art retreats for the last 4yrs in the UK, France, Italy and Morocco.
Mark’s main body of work is in graphite, Ink and Charcoal.
He has specialised from an early age with graphite, producing highly detailed drawings with an architectural quality and conversely loose, rapid sketches…a quality he’s usually known for with his range of quirky, mad hatter and wacky Hares.
The inclusion of specialist colour pencils brings a different dimension to his land and seascapes with dramatic skies and seas.
A former displayed portrait artist in Harrods of London, Mark Page still produces commissions in portraiture, animals and architecture (homes).
Find out more about Mark here www.markpageartworks.com