Painting Retreat with Richard Claremont
24th May – 31st May 2024
31st May – 7th June 2024
The aim of the workshop with Richard Claremont is to produce expressive and confident work based on initial knowledge of solid principles. Together with his teaching wife Kerrie, Richard Claremont’s workshops are a combination of demonstrations, exercises, individual feedback and group discussion.
- the principles of composition (avoid the mistakes most artists make)
- colour principles and how to use a limited palette
- how to use tonal value to create depth and contrast
- how to discover “hidden glimpses” in the landscape
- how to choose the best painting subjects
- how to create looser paintings and incorporate mark making
- and lots more!
Included in the price is:
- All tuition fees
- 7 nights accommodation in air-conditioned, en-suite rooms in a luxurious palazzo with commanding views across the rolling hills of the Le Marche countryside to the coast – see our rooms here
- All meals including breakfast, buffet lunch and a choice of up to 4 courses from our daily changing gourmet evening menu
- A ‘pizza-giro’ evening at a local trattoria within a few minutes walk of the hotel
- Delicious local wine with lunch and evening meal
- Private group transfers to and from either Ancona airport or Pedaso (station or bus stop)
- 5 days painting tuition including demonstrations and one-to-one advice and guidance
- 3 days’ excursions to specially selected stunning locations
- Private transfers to and from painting locations
- Guided orientation walking tour of the medieval hill-top town of Montelparo on day of arrival
- 1 free day (lunch not included) with the option to take an excursion to the beautiful town of Ascoli Piceno, a Renaissance town full of history as well as fabulous boutique shops, charming cafes and one of Italy’s most beautiful piazzas
- Unlimited use of air-conditioned studio
- Easels, boards and portable stools and chairs
Prices start from €2645 per person based on two people sharing a room. To find out more about the different room types, pricing, how to get here and more fill out the form at the bottom of the page.
Bring a Partner or Friend
If you’d like to bring along a non-participating partner they too can experience our hospitality enjoying all the meals and excursions. If you’re wondering what else there is for them to do then find out just some of the options here.
About Richard Claremont
Richard Claremont is a Wollongong-based Australian painter. His style is expressionistic and related to impressionism.
Richard became known as the “Painting Postie” on TV after being discovered painting little oil studies on his daily mail route. He is now an award winning artist/educator and included in Australia’s Top 100 list of collectable artists. With his wife Kerrie, he runs workshops around the world and has produced many online courses including “How to Loosen Up Your Painting”.
In 2020 Richard founded The Skilled Artist, an online art school that now connects over 1500 art students around the globe.
Richard Claremont’s Website: www.richardclaremont.com