Sheree Jones: Painting Holiday in the Heart of Le Marche, Italy
26th August – 2nd September 2023
Are you a beginner painter looking for some inspiration in a relaxed environment?
Are you an avid painter looking to take your work to the next level?
Then this fun and informative workshop is for you!
You will have total immersion at this exclusive artist’s retreat complete with a swimming pool and an art studio, in an unspoiled region of the Italian countryside.
Join professional artist and keen landscape painter Sheree Jones as she shares her passion for painting “from life” both in the studio and outdoors “en plein air”.
Sheree will share her extensive knowledge with informative demonstrations, printed handouts and lively discussions. Her energetic and fun loving spirit will inspire you to enjoy your days creating and experimenting in a relaxed and supportive environment.
This workshop is designed for beginners with some experience and all other levels of oil and acrylic painters. There will be plenty of one on one instruction with time for positive and encouraging conversation.
In this workshop:
Sheree will share her tips and techniques on:
Working with a limited palette
How to keep it simple …and mix the colours you want
How to edit a scene and create a solid composition
The importance of a thumbnail and value sketch
How to keep your sense of humour in the field “en plein air”
Included in the price is:
- All tuition fees
- 7 nights accommodation in air-conditioned, en-suite rooms in a luxurious palazzo with commanding views across the rolling hills of the Le Marche countryside to the coast – see our rooms here
- All meals including breakfast, buffet lunch and a choice of up to 4 courses from our daily changing gourmet evening menu
- A ‘pizza-giro’ evening at a local trattoria within a few minutes walk of the hotel
- Delicious local wine with lunch and evening meal
- Private group transfers to and from either Ancona airport or Pedaso (station or bus stop)
- 4 days painting tuition including demonstrations and one-to-one advice and guidance
- 3 days’ excursions to specially selected stunning locations
- Private transfers to and from painting locations
- Guided orientation walking tour of the medieval hill-top town of Montelparo on day of arrival
- 2 free days (lunch not included) with the option on one of these days to take an excursion to the beautiful town of Ascoli Piceno, a Renaissance town full of history as well as fabulous boutique shops, charming cafes and one of Italy’s most beautiful piazzas
- Unlimited use of air-conditioned studio
- Easels, boards and portable stools and chairs
Prices start from €2049 per person based on two people sharing a room. To find out more about the different room types, pricing, how to get here and more fill out the form at the bottom of the page or to check availability email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: if the arrival date is more than 12 months away you can book your place and choose your room without paying the deposit. The deposit will become due 12 months from the arrival date
Bring a Partner or Friend
If you’d like to bring along a non-participating partner they too can experience our hospitality enjoying all the meals and excursions. If you’re wondering what else there is for them to do then find out just some of the options here.
About Sheree Jones
Sheree Jones is an artist and oil painter from North Vancouver, BC, Canada. She has been passionate about her art since “the age of crayons”. An active member of the Federation of Canadian Artists, Oil Painters of America & Plein Air BC, her work can be found in numerous collections around the globe.
She leads workshops in her personal teaching studio & on plein air adventures both throughout BC and internationally.
As a respected teacher and mentor, Sheree’s enthusiastic energy brings inspiration to all those who come to work with her.
Sheree says “My creative journey has taken me down many paths. I am a keen outdoor ‘plein air’ painter, preferring to capture my subjects directly from life. I carry my painting gear wherever I travel, from Mexico to Costa Rica to Spain and Italy and France. Painting from life be it the landscape, a still life set up in the studio or the human figure is an essential part of my art practice. I find painting en plein air to be the most rewarding.”
“I believe in sharing my love and knowledge of painting in a relaxed and encouraging environment. I take great pleasure in guiding students through their own creative process, encouraging them to listen to their own voice.”
“My love of colour, of texture in fabrics, of shifting light in the landscape gives me the inspiration to put paint to canvas. Drawing from these elements, creating line, shape and form with strong design is what brings me to my easel each and every day.”
Find our more about Sheree Jones here: