Painting holiday with Sue Ford
Sketching, watercolours and acrylics
Week-long painting holiday with Sue Ford in Central Italy, 13th – 20th May 2023
Painting holiday with Sue Ford Course Details
With a natural ability to draw, Sue can demonstrate a variety of subjects and will show students different painting techniques, explain about materials, the importance of composition and getting the best from their photos and sketches.
Sue’s main objective is to encourage students to achieve their goals and realise their creative ideas with the aim of stretching all students regardless of ability to form a foundation of artistic techniques, whilst developing their own style in a relaxed learning environment. The course as part of this painting holiday with Sue Ford will include:
- Daily exercises with guided step by step tuition.
- Painting in different medias and subjects.
- Evening demonstrations
- Full course outline and materials provided
- Guidance for experienced painters and beginners are welcome.
- Understanding Tutor, with 15 years teaching experience and a life time of painting!
- Lots of tips on methods of painting, plus advise on materials suitable for different surfaces and applications.
- Each student will be carefully guided through each painting stage from initial demonstration to getting started with patient, professional tuition throughout the holiday
Included in the price of this painting holiday with Sue Ford is:
- All tuition fees
- 7 nights accommodation in air-conditioned, en-suite rooms in a luxurious palazzo with commanding views across the rolling hills of the Le Marche countryside to the coast – see our rooms here
- All meals including breakfast, buffet lunch and a choice of up to 4 courses from our daily changing gourmet evening menu
- A ‘pizza-giro’ evening at a local trattoria within a few minutes walk of the hotel
- Delicious local wine with lunch and evening meal
- Private group transfers to and from either Ancona airport or Pedaso (station or bus stop)
- 5 days painting tuition including demonstrations and one-to-one advice and guidance
- 3 days’ excursions to specially selected stunning locations
- Private transfers to and from painting locations
- Guided orientation walking tour of the medieval hill-top town of Montelparo on day of arrival
- 1 free day (lunch not included) with the option to take an excursion to the beautiful town of Ascoli Piceno, a Renaissance town full of history as well as fabulous boutique shops, charming cafes and one of Italy’s most beautiful piazzas
- Unlimited use of air-conditioned studio
- Easels, boards and portable stools and chairs
Prices start from €1849 per person based on two people sharing a room. To find out more about the different room types, pricing, how to get here and more fill out the form at the bottom of the page or to check availability email email@example.com
Note: if the arrival date is more than 12 months away you can book your place and choose your room without paying the deposit. The deposit will become due 12 months from the arrival date
Bring a Partner or Friend
If you’d like to bring along a non-participating partner they too can experience our hospitality enjoying all the meals and excursions. If you’re wondering what else there is for them to do then find out just some of the options here.
Sue Ford, born in York, North Yorkshire and now lives in the small market town of Stokesley, Sue is an experienced professional artist working in pastel, watercolour, and acrylic and collage mixed media.
Sue’s remarkable artistic abilities were evident from an early age, having experimented with most media in her development; she is now a recognised and admired artist and tutor.
Sue demonstrates for art societies across the UK. She teaches weekly adult education classes.
Her ever popular weekend workshops and residential holidays in UK and abroad are highly praised. She also teaches watercolours on Cunard Cruise Liners.
Her work is exhibited widely through local and national exhibitions and galleries including The Royal Society of Marine Artist (RSMA) the Society of Women Artists in the Mall Galleries, London and she is a professional member of the Society of all Artists (SAA). She has published several articles for “Leisure Painter” and “Paint” magazines.
Full details of Sue’s courses and picture gallery can be viewed on www.sueford.co.uk