Painting Holiday with Tony Conner: Fresh Expression of Light and Landscape
23rd – 30th September 2023 – week long painting holiday in Central Italy
Join Tony Conner for a watercolour painting retreat to paint the unique light and beautiful landscape of Italy.
Capture scenic vistas, quaint townscapes and more, in paint while exploring ways to create loose expressions.
Our painting will be divided between in studio practice and ‘en plein air’ experience. Studio work will focus on balancing freedom and control. En plein air sessions will focus on simplifying and composing the scene and capturing the light.
Each day begins with Instructor demos and class painting projects and exercises.
At the end of the day, we’ll have a review and critique of the days efforts.
Included in the price is:
- All tuition fees
- 7 nights accommodation in air-conditioned, en-suite rooms in a luxurious palazzo with commanding views across the rolling hills of the Le Marche countryside to the coast – see our rooms here
- All meals including breakfast, buffet lunch and a choice of up to 4 courses from our daily changing gourmet evening menu
- A ‘pizza-giro’ evening at a local trattoria within a few minutes walk of the hotel
- Delicious local wine with lunch and evening meal
- Private group transfers to and from either Ancona airport or Pedaso (station or bus stop)
- 5 days painting tuition including demonstrations and one-to-one advice and guidance
- 3 days’ excursions to specially selected stunning locations
- Private transfers to and from painting locations
- Guided orientation walking tour of the medieval hill-top town of Montelparo on day of arrival
- 1 free day (lunch not included) with the option to take an excursion to the beautiful town of Ascoli Piceno, a Renaissance town full of history as well as fabulous boutique shops, charming cafes and one of Italy’s most beautiful piazzas
- Unlimited use of air-conditioned studio
- Easels, boards and portable stools and chairs
Prices start from €2449 per person based on two people sharing a room. To find out more about the different room types, pricing, how to get here and more fill out the form at the bottom of the page.
Bring a Partner or Friend
If you’d like to bring along a non-participating partner to this painting holiday with Tony Conner they too can experience our hospitality, enjoying all the meals and excursions. If you’re wondering what else there is for them to do then find out just some of the options here.
About Tony Conner
Tony Connor‘s path as a self–taught artist has followed an apprenticeship to the unique disciplines of the watercolour medium.
Most of his work is done from direct observation. Whether it is a landscape, seascape, still life or figure model, he focuses on identifying the essential element that give that subject singular meaning.
Tony Conner’s work has been included in many juried exhibits including; New England Watercolor Society Regional Juried and National Open Exhibitions, Niagara Frontier Watercolor Society, Biennial National Exhibition, Rhode Island Watercolor Society National Watermedia Exhibtion, Hudson Valley Art Association, Annual National Exhibition, Adirondacks National Exhibition of American Watercolors. He is also a frequent participant in juried Plein Air Painting competitions.
His work has also garnered a number of awards. Recent awards include; First Prize, Cape Ann Plein Air Quick Draw 2016. Second Prize, Senecal lake Plein Air Festival 2016 First Prize, 2nd Annual Bucks County Plein Air Festival Quick Draw, 2013, Honorable Mention, Vermont Watercolor Society Juried Exhibit 2013.
Tony Conner’s work as an artist has been recognized by a number of publications which include; Plein Air Magazine, September 2015, Hill Country Observer, April 2015, Southern Vermont Arts & Living, Summer 2013, “100 Artists of New England”, Schiffer Publishing, 2011. His work is included in “Watercolor Sketching, An Introduction”, by Paul Laseau, Norton & Company, 2012.
He is a Signature Member of the New England and Vermont Watercolor Societies and an Artist Member of New York’s venerable Salamagundi Club