Gaye Adams Plein Air Painting: 13th – 20th September 2024 – week long painting holiday in Central Italy
This Gaye Adams Plein Air Painting holiday is suitable for all levels of plein air painters
Gaye Adams Plein Air PaintingCourse Details
On the first day, Gaye will orient students to the approach that she typically uses out in the field, and will do a demo painting.
We will have two days of painting in Montelparo, and three days on location to paint for a total of five days as part of these structured Gaye Adams workshops.
Each workshop day, Gaye will start with some teaching and a demo, and then students will start on their own paintings.
The balance of the day will be spent coaching each student individually at their easels. The course will include instruction on choosing subject matter and creating a solid composition, getting color mixtures right, and some basic approaches to creating a successful field painting.
It is a small workshop, so you will have plenty of personalized instruction time with Gaye. There will also be a group critique at Hotel Leone at the end of the course to sum up the learning.
You will be painting five out of the six full days, so that will give you a chance to spend some time exploring.
Included in the price is:
- All tuition fees
- 7 nights accommodation in air-conditioned, en-suite rooms in a luxurious palazzo with commanding views across the rolling hills of the Le Marche countryside to the coast – see our rooms here
- All meals including breakfast, buffet lunch and a choice of up to 4 courses from our daily changing gourmet evening menu
- A ‘pizza-giro’ evening at a local trattoria within a few minutes walk of the hotel
- Delicious local wine with lunch and evening meal
- Private group transfers to and from either Ancona airport or Pedaso (station or bus stop)
- 5 days painting tuition including demonstrations and one-to-one advice and guidance
- 3 days’ excursions to specially selected stunning locations
- Private transfers to and from painting locations
- Guided orientation walking tour of the medieval hill-top town of Montelparo on day of arrival
- 1 free day (lunch not included) with the option to take an excursion to the beautiful town of Ascoli Piceno, a Renaissance town full of history as well as fabulous boutique shops, charming cafes and one of Italy’s most beautiful piazzas
- Unlimited use of air-conditioned studio
- Easels, boards and portable stools and chairs
Prices start from €2549 per person based on two people sharing a room. To find out more about the different room types, pricing, how to get here and more useful information fill out the form below.
Bring a Partner or Friend
If you’d like to bring along a non-participating partner they too can experience our hospitality enjoying all the meals and excursions. If you’re wondering what else there is for them to do then find out just some of the options here.
About Gaye Adams
Gaye Adams has been working as a professional painter and art instructor for over three decades.
During those years she has travelled widely to explore the landscape with paint – from the wilderness of the Great Bear Rainforest in northern BC, to the sun drenched shores of Croatia.
Painting on location has become a passion for Gaye, and she is passionate about helping students further their abilities in the practice she has so come to love.
Gaye works with a number of professional galleries in Canada, and has been employed by a plethora of arts organizations through the years.
For a glimpse into Gaye’s world, check out the following:
Click here for a free demo video to get to know Gaye and her teaching style a little better.