with Samantha Williams – Chapelsky – only 1 room remaining
27th September – 4th October 2024
Samantha’s knowledge on textural applications in both studio and plein air setting will have students painting in a method that offers more freedom than traditional oil applications and is more forgiving than watercolors. Acrylic paints offer simple and easy clean up with water, and transportation within half a day of drying time. Artists will learn unique ways to get paint to stay workable longer, create emotive interpretations of a scene and playing with color to create the illusion of perspective.
- Artists will learn basic composition tricks when painting plein air.
- Artists will take works from the hillside into the studio and create a finished piece.
- Color mixing with acrylics and paint additives to create unique effects.
- Gestures and mark making with textures using both brushes and palette knives.
- Color mixing and adding brightness beyond the traditional color palette
- How to self-critique and evaluate work – looking for nuggets of success!
- Artists will loosen up with daily exercises, gestures with paints and quick studies.
Suitable for the painter with some acrylic experience but beginners are certainly welcome!
The first 5 students to register will be provided on site with a Golden OPEN Acrylic landscape Kit and a Golden Fluid Acrylic Kit (over 300$ value)
Included in the price is:
- all tuition fees
- 7 nights accommodation in luxury air-conditioned, en-suite rooms with: – see our rooms here
- luxury bedding
- high quality, 100% natural, Italian toiletries: shampoo, shower gel, body lotion and hand gel
- daily servicing of the rooms
- mid-week linen and towel change
- 100% cotton waffle robes
- All meals including breakfast, buffet lunch and a choice of up to 4 courses from our daily changing gourmet evening menu
- A ‘pizza-giro’ evening at a local trattoria within a few minutes walk of the hotel
- Delicious local wine with lunch and evening meal
- Private group transfers to and from either Ancona airport or Pedaso (station or bus stop)
- 5 days painting tuition including demonstrations and one-to-one advice and guidance
- 3 days’ excursions to specially selected stunning locations
- Private transfers to and from painting locations
- Guided orientation walking tour of the medieval hill-top town of Montelparo on day of arrival
- 1 free day (lunch not included) with the option to take an excursion to the beautiful town of Ascoli Piceno, a Renaissance town full of history as well as fabulous boutique shops, charming cafes and one of Italy’s most beautiful piazzas
- Unlimited use of air-conditioned studio
- full-time staff on site including concierge service
Prices start from €2199 per person based on two people sharing a room. To find out more about the different room types, pricing, how to get here and more useful information fill out the form at the bottom of the page.
About Samantha Williams-Chapelsky
Samantha Williams-Chapelsky has a Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree from the University of Alberta majoring in painting and art history. She finished her degree by studying art and art history in Cortona, Italy for 3 months.
Samantha has been exhibiting her art extensively for the past 19 years mainly creating abstracted landscapes in both acrylic and oil paint. Her paintings are included in numerous corporate and private collections and are represented in 5 commercial art galleries across Canada.
Samantha has been instructing art workshops for over 20 years including hosting lectures on acrylic paint, texture processes and assorted workshops on landscape simplification in Canada and the United States.