Create and Shape Your Novel
Join us from 6th – 13th May 2023 for a writing retreat
This course is all about writing those paperback books you see in the shelves in the bookshops. From an original idea through plotting and character development through to final editing, we’ll look at what makes a story work.
We’ll discuss how to be a success in today’s fast paced and highly competitive publishing industry.
Each day will include workshops on important aspects of writing – story structure, character depth, and that all important climactic scene. We’ll also look at how to make your words sing. There will be exercises to tighten your focus on the book you’re writing, and well as plenty of time to get some words down on the page.
Bring your work in progress or a new idea. From beginners to published authors, writers at any stage of their journey will find encouragement and support in this week-long course.
Included in the price is:
- All tuition fees
- 7 nights accommodation in air-conditioned, en-suite rooms in a luxurious palazzo with commanding views across the rolling hills of the Le Marche countryside to the coast – see our rooms here
- All meals including breakfast, buffet lunch and a choice of up to 4 courses from our daily changing gourmet evening menu
- A ‘pizza-giro’ evening at a local trattoria within a few minutes walk of the hotel
- Delicious local wine with lunch and evening meal
- Private group transfers to and from either Ancona airport or Pedaso (station or bus stop)
- 5 days writing tuition
- Guided orientation walking tour of the medieval hill-top town of Montelparo on day of arrival
- 1 free day (lunch not included) with the option to take an excursion to the beautiful town of Ascoli Piceno, a Renaissance town full of history as well as fabulous boutique shops, charming cafes and one of Italy’s most beautiful piazzas
- Unlimited use of air-conditioned studio
Prices start from €1775 per person based on two people sharing a room. To find out more about the different room types, pricing, how to get here and more fill out the form at the bottom of the page or to check availability email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: if the arrival date is more than 12 months away you can book your place and choose your room without paying the deposit. The deposit will become due 12 months from the arrival date
Bring a Partner or Friend
If you’d like to bring along a non-participating partner they too can experience our hospitality enjoying all the meals and excursions. If you’re wondering what else there is for them to do then find out just some of the options here.
Janet is an award-winning author who writes commercial women’s fiction and romantic novels. Her novels have won awards in the UK and the USA. As Juliet Bell, in collaboration with Alison May, she rewrites misunderstood classic fiction, with an emphasis on heroes who are not so heroic.
She has been a teacher all her life – at university, in the cyber world of online remote training and she coordinates a News Writers Scheme with more than 200 aspiring writers and a team of 60 mentors.
A former television journalist and producer, she grew up in outback Australia, surrounded by wide open spaces, horses and many, many books. She often returns to the outback in her work.
Janet now lives in London with her husband and a very fluffy cat. Her favourite food is tomato. She spends too much time playing silly computer games, and is an enthusiastic, if not always successful, cook.