Special week-long creative writing retreat with Ruth Brandt
1st – 8th July 2023
A creative writing retreat with Ruth Brandt, which will include taught sessions covering the art and craft of writing, discussions of course attendees’ particular interests, free time for working on your own writing projects or to develop pieces of writing started in class, workshop time to get feedback from the tutor and other class members and one-to-one sessions.
Creative writing retreat with Ruth Brandt Course Details
The creative writing retreat with Ruth Brandt course will be tailored to the writing course attendees’ particular interests and will include aspects of fiction writing, such as characters, dialogue, setting and story structure. Whether you are already working on a project, want to start something new, or simply want to try writing for the first time, you will receive guidance and feedback in a supportive, constructive workshop atmosphere on this writing retreat in Italy.
Included in the price is:
- All tuition fees
- 7 nights accommodation in air-conditioned, en-suite rooms in a luxurious palazzo with commanding views across the rolling hills of the Le Marche countryside to the coast – see our rooms here
- All meals including breakfast, buffet lunch and a choice of up to 4 courses from our daily changing gourmet evening menu
- A ‘pizza-giro’ evening at a local trattoria within a few minutes walk of the hotel
- Delicious local wine with lunch and evening meal
- Private group transfers to and from either Ancona airport or Pedaso (station or bus stop)
- 5 days writing tuition
- Guided orientation walking tour of the medieval hill-top town of Montelparo on day of arrival
- Full day excursion to the beautiful town of Ascoli Piceno, a Renaissance town full of history as well as fabulous boutique shops, charming cafes and one of Italy’s most beautiful piazzas (lunch not included)
- Unlimited use of air-conditioned studio
Prices start from €1795 per person based on two people sharing a room. To find out more about the different room types, pricing, how to get here and more fill out the form at the bottom of the page or to check availability email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: if the arrival date is more than 12 months away you can book your place and choose your room without paying the deposit. The deposit will become due 12 months from the arrival date
Bring a Partner or Friend
If you’d like to bring along a non-participating partner they too can experience our hospitality enjoying all the meals and excursions. If you’re wondering what else there is for them to do then find out just some of the options here.
Ruth Brandt is a writer and has tutored creative writing for over ten years at Surrey Adult Learning, West Dean College, Kingston University and independently. Her short stories and flash fiction have been widely published. She won the Kingston University MFA Creative Writing Prize, has been nominated for the Pushcart Prize, Write Well Award and Best Small Fictions Award. Her prize-winning short story collection No One has any Intention of Building a Wall was published by Fly on the Wall Press in November 2021. She lives in Surrey, England with her husband and has two delightful sons.