22nd – 29th June 2022 – more than 4 places available
With a natural ability to draw, Sue can demonstrate a variety of subjects and will show students different painting techniques, explain about materials, the importance of composition and getting the best from their photos and sketches.
Sue’s main objective is to encourage students to achieve their goals and realise their creative ideas with the aim of stretching all students regardless of ability to form a foundation of artistic techniques, whilst developing their own style in a relaxed learning environment. The course will include:
- Daily exercises with guided step by step tuition.
- Painting in different medias and subjects.
- Evening demonstrations
- Full course outline and materials provided
- Guidance for experienced painters and beginners are welcome.
- Understanding Tutor, with 15 years teaching experience and a life time of painting!
- Lots of tips on methods of painting, plus advise on materials suitable for different surfaces and applications.
- Each student will be carefully guided through each painting stage from initial demonstration to getting started with patient, professional tuition throughout the holiday
Sue Ford, born in York, North Yorkshire and now lives in the small market town of Stokesley, Sue is an experienced professional artist working in pastel, watercolour, and acrylic and collage mixed media.
Sue’s remarkable artistic abilities were evident from an early age, having experimented with most media s in her development; she is now a recognised and admired artist and tutor. Sue demonstrates for art societies across the UK. She teaches weekly adult education classes. Her ever popular weekend workshops and residential holidays in UK and abroad are highly praised. She also teaches watercolours on Cunard Cruise Liners.
Her work is exhibited widely through local and national exhibitions and galleries including The Royal Society of Marine Artist (RSMA) the Society of Women Artists in the Mall Galleries, London and she is a professional member of the Society of all Artists (SAA). She has published several articles for “Leisure Painter” and “Paint” magazines.
Full details of Sue’s courses and picture gallery can be viewed on www.sueford.co.uk
Painting holiday prices start from €1,499 per person which includes the following:
- All tuition fees
- 7 nights Luxury accommodation – see our rooms here
- Local transportation including group transfers to and from either Ancona airport or Pedaso (station or bus stop)*
- All meals including breakfast, lunch or gourmet picnics on location and evening meals
- Delicious local house wine with lunch and evening meal
- 5 days painting tuition including 3 days’ excursions to stunning locations
- Unlimited use of lockable studio
- Easels, boards and portable stools and chairs
*On the day of arrival we organise pick up times based on the groups arrival times either into Ancona airport or at the local train or coach stops.
We will do our very best to make sure nobody has to wait for too long but please be aware we will be picking up other members of the group whose arrival times may not necessary coincide perfectly with your own and we ask for your patience.
If you are arriving at a time that really doesn’t tie in with the group or arriving a day or so earlier we can arrange for a taxi to pick you up. The cost of a taxi is in the region of €150. If there is anybody else arriving doing the same we will arrange it so that you can share the transport costs.
Similarly for departure, for retreats the rooms are to be vacated by 10:00 on the morning of departure. Departure time will be set based on the majority of the group. Again we will do our very best to accommodate everyone.